Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Quilts in progress...

So in an effort to get all the quilty stuff out of my brain, to make room for the boring important stuff I need to keep up with too (you know like work, paying bills, keeping up with my kid's schedule), I'm posting the quilts I have in progress right now.  Plus, what's the point of having a blog if I don't update it every now and then??

First up, wonky star blocks done in colors of the rainbow.
I had posted a WIP pic of the pixelated rainbow heart quilt to Facebook to get some feedback on if folks could see the rainbow effect in the heart.  One of the commenters to that post was another of my long time, very good friends saying how much she loves rainbow quilts. Well, if one good friend gets a quilt, then they all do!  I've wanted to try the wonky star block, so again, a win-win.  This one is going to take a bit longer to make though.

And, I need more scraps, I think.  I'm planning to make a trip to my LQS to raid the scraps bin--they do the coolest thing there with scraps there.  People donate scraps, and then you can purchase anything that will fit in a gallon size zip up bag for $5.  They then use the money to purchase supplies to make Quilts of Valor.  Cool, huh?  Since I'm fairly new to quilting, I don't have a large stash.  This is a good way for me to get useable scraps.  You'd be surprised at how much fabric can fit in a gallon sized bag!

I don't have pictures of my other project yet, so more to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment