Sunday, March 22, 2015

Quilts in progress...part 2

This weekend has been a very productive weekend for me, sewing wise.  I also had time to take some pics, so I can do an update to my works in progress.  I have 3 active projects going right now and a couple of swap projects.

A couple more wonky blocks done...

I've got them up on the design wall now trying out a possible layout, which will help me figure out how many more blocks I'll need.  Right now, I'm thinking this quilt will have a lot of white space.  I have the fabrics pulled for 5 more stars, so they should come together fast.  Still need to go by my LQS to replenish my scraps...I especially need reds and oranges.

The second project I have going is a Christmas quilt for my mom.  She found the fabrics and had intended to make a quilt herself, but since she's so busy and I'm obsessed with quilting, she asked if I'd do it.  Um, yes!  These are fabrics I never would have picked for myself--I like bright colors!  And the quilt pattern uses a ton of half square triangles.  I got those out of my system with the first big quilt I made.  Now, I'm finding that I have to push myself more than usual to work on this quilt.  So many HSTs to trim, UGH!  I really hate that part.

Project number 3, the quilt from the blocks I received during my month as queen of Newbee Hive #9 at Threadbias.  My hive mates made some lovely blocks--they've been up on my design wall for the past few weeks.  I've loved looking at them every day.
I'm thinking about sashing these in a light gray because I think it will make the blocks pop.  Sashing in white strikes me as too boring for these blocks.  I held up a dark grey that I have, but didn't like it at all.  Another reason to visit the LQS...



No comments:

Post a Comment